What Is Hubtel?
Hubtel is a platform that enables businesses to sell their products and engage with customers easily. Part of their offering is a payment gateway that anyone can integrate into their online application or website. This plugin helps you to integrate their payment gateway into your WordPress site using woocommerce.
Gain access to Hubtel API v3 WooCommerce Gateway Plugin which helps you integrate Hubtel payment gateway into your wordpress woocommerce installation to allow you to receive payments with mobile money and bank cards through Hubtel in Ghana.
[button link=”https://geniustechhub.com/product/hubtel-wordpress-plugin-for-woocommerce/” type=”big” newwindow=”yes”] Download Plugin[/button]
Hubtel Plugin For WordPress
Hubtel Payment Gateway Plugin for Woocommerce is a great plugin that enables to add Hubtel payment gateway option to your WooCommerce store. Hubtel Payment supports both Mobile Money Payment options and Bank Cards.
To begin, you need to signup for a merchant account first. (https://unity.hubtel.com/account/signup)
* Add as a checkout payment option for woocommerce.
* Generate payment button and add it to any post or page.
* Filter and download payments report.
* Be notified via email whenever payment is received on your site.
* Trading in foreign currency? No problem. It automatically convert USD, GBP, EUR, NGN to GHS, before sending to Hubtel.
How To Install And Use – Installation Guide (Check Video Below Post)
* Login to your WordPress Admin area
* Go to “Plugins > Add New” from the left hand menu
* In the search box type “Hubtel Payment”
* From the search result you will see “Hubtel Payment” click on “Install Now” to install the plugin
* A popup window will ask you to confirm your wish to install the Plugin.
* Click “Proceed” to continue the installation. The resulting installation screen will list the installation as successful or note any problems during the install.
* Click “Activate Plugin” to activate it.
* Configure your “Hubtel Payment. See below for details.
To configure the plugin, go to **Hubtel Payment > Settings** from the left hand menu.
* Enable/Disable – Check the box to enable or disable Hubtel Payment for your woocommerce store.
* Title – Allows you to determine what your customers will see this payment option as on the checkout page.
* Description – controls the message that appears under the payment fields on the checkout page. Here you can list the types of cards you accept.
* Client Id – Enter your hubtel client id
* Secret – Enter your hubtel secret
* Account Number – Enter your hubtel mechant account number
* Click on **Save Changes** for the changes you made to be effected.
* Ensure your ‘site icon’ is set. In your wordpress administration page go to Appearance ->Customize ->Site Identity. Find “site icon” and set the image. The plugin uses the site icon on the hubtel checkout site.
== Important Troubleshooting ==
1. Follow all installation instructions and warnings.
2. If you get the “request cannot be completed” error message during checkout, please ensure you have a SITE ICON and a site logo set. Use Customize >Site Identity to set site icon
== Frequently Asked Questions ==
1. Do I need woocommerce in other to use this plugin? You can use this plugin with or without woocommerce.
2. How do I get a merchant account? Signup here https://unity.hubtel.com/account/signup
3. How is it able to convert from USD, GBP, EUR or NGN to GHS? It uses yahoo’s currency converter api.
Hi, great write up there. I did like to ask for the hubtel SDK for android also. If its available kindly share me a link.
Sure. Check the Hubtel developers page: developers.hubtel.com. You’ll find the SDK for all platforms there. Cheers.
how do i get client id and secret?
You’ll need to have a verified Hubtel account in order to get a Client ID and Secret key from Hubtel. You can create an account at hubtel.com
I do but i cant find my way around the payment settings. What next?
For that you need to have a verified Hubtel POS account.
Hi Thanks for the insight. What’s hubtel pricing per transaction? cant seem to find the info anywhere
Hi George. Sorry for the late response. You can find info on Hubtel’s pricing on these two pages: https://hubtel.com/business/sell-in-store/ AND https://hubtel.com/business/sell-online-mobile-ussd/
1. Do you have plugin with Shopify
2. If my WordPress store is in USD can I receive payments into my cedi bank account in ghana. What about Shopify